- Woodworkers vise with 10" jaw width mounts to any bench up to 3" thick to provide clamping action for heavy-duty and professional applications
- Ductile iron body with black enamel finish and replaceable cast bronze alloy nut construction provides strength for extended life
- Slightly tapered jaws create a solid grip and apply pressure evenly across the top and bottom of vise
- Adjustable-height steel lift dog holds a workpiece in place for sanding or scraping
- Meets Fed. Spec. GGG-V445, Type I, Class II and NSN 5120-00-221-1114
The Yost Vises 10WW-CA 10″ heavy-duty ductile iron woodworkers vise mounts to a workbench up to 3″ thick to provide clamping action for heavy-duty and professional applications, meets Federal Specification GGG-V445, Type I, Class II, and is National Stock Number (NSN) 5120-00-221-1114 compliant. The ductile iron body and replaceable cast bronze alloy nut construction provide strength for extended life. The slightly tapered, also known as toed, jaws create a solid grip and apply pressure evenly across the top and bottom of the vise. The jaws draw closer together or farther apart by turning the vise handle clockwise or counterclockwise.
Solid steel guide rails adjust to counteract wear. The maximum opening guide bar equipped with end stop prevents vise separation. The adjustable-height steel lift dog holds a workpiece in place for sanding or scraping and is supported by pressure clamps. A rubber washer on either side of the handle prevents unwanted sliding when turning, and the balls on each end unscrew to enable replacement of the handle if worn. The vise has two 0.3″- diameter holes and two 0.325″-diameter holes for included mounting hardware.
|Jaw width (nominal)||10″|
|Jaw opening (nominal)||13″|
|Throat depth (nominal)||4″|
|Pipe capacity||Not applicable|
|Overall dimensions*||5.75 x 10.88 x 22.25 inches (H x W x D)|
*H is height, the vertical distance from the lowest to highest point; W is width, the horizontal distance from left to right; D is depth, the horizontal distance from front to back.
Vises use the clamping action of jaws to hold a workpiece in place for applications such as drilling and sawing. Vise styles are categorized by how the device is mounted. For example, bench vises mount to a benchtop; drill press vises bolt to a drill press; and woodworking vises fit underneath, on top, or to the side of a workbench. A vise’s jaw opening and throat depth should be large enough for the workpiece.
Yost Vises manufactures a wide range of vises, including bench-mount, woodworking, and drill-press styles. The company, founded in 1908, is headquartered in Holland, MI.
What’s in the Box?
- Yost Vises 10WW-CA vise
- (2) #14 x 2-1/2″ countersink wood screw
- (2) 5/16″ x 2-1/2″ lag screws
- (2) 5/16″ flat washers
- Mounting instructions